From frying chicken skin for that crispy bite, to getting your fiber intake with refreshing lettuce, Fitoru's Keto Chicken Salad Cups will have flavors exploding in your mouth!😋Munching on this keto-friendly meal, you'll surely get your protein, fat, and fiber intake 😍💚Tag your friends!💚For more keto meal inspiration, visit http://www.fitoru.com
Posted by Keto by Fitoru on Wednesday, August 29, 2018
A Southern and Deli staple, Chicken Salad is great on Keto! The extra time taken to brine and roast your chicken can make all the difference in getting perfectly balanced flavor. From frying chicken skin for that crispy bite, to getting your fiber intake with refreshing lettuce, Fitoru’s Keto Chicken Salad Cups will have flavors exploding in your mouth! Munching on this keto-friendly meal, you’ll surely get your protein, fat, and fiber intake. Be sure to pick a rich full-fat mayonnaise and serve in lettuce cups to avoid carbs.
2545 kj = 608.27 cal
1 Whole Chicken – Brined & Roast
8 leaves Romaine Lettuce
1 Cup Mayo
1 Stalk Celery
¼ Cup Red Onion
¼ Cup Green Bell Pepper
1 Tablespoon Dill
1 Tablespoon Parsley
2 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
1 Teaspoon Mustard
All Chicken Dripping
2 Cups beef stock
½ Cup onion
1. Make a saltwater brine by mixing ¼ cup of salt and 4 cups of hot water – let cool.
2. Place a whole chicken in a large freezer bag and add brine. Let it rest for 24 hours in the fridge.
3. Preheat oven to 350 F.
4. Remove chicken from brine and pat skin dry with a paper towel.
5. Rub with skin with salt.
6. Roast in a deep dish pan in the oven for approximately 60 minutes until cooked.
7. Reserve juices, let chicken cool and peel off skin reserving on the side.
8. Shred chicken in a bowl and return skin to oven on a baking sheet until crispy (about 10 mins).
9. Mix mayo, diced celery, red onion, bell pepper, dill, parsley, lemon juice and mustard.
10. Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
12. In a medium pot, add 1 tablespoon of chicken dripping, onion and cook until browned .
13. Add the rest of the cooking juices and stock. Simmer until thick.
14. Fill lettuce cups with chicken mix, top with chicken skin and gravy.