Binge eating is an immediately satisfying and difficult habit to break. Adding stress into the mix does not make it any easier. However, there is a way out and it might be simpler than you think.
I started to notice my unhealthy eating habits in the beginning of college. It’s hard to eat healthy when you’re busy and on a budget. I constantly had snacks in hand and would catch myself eating when I’m not even hungry. It seemed as if my emotions would get the best of me and my body no longer knew it’s limits. Over time, I learned how to gain control over my binge eating through simpler meal plans and better stress management.
“Tell me to ‘avoid this food at all costs’ or have me counting calories and I’ll quickly tailspin back into my binge-eating spiral,” said Nia Shanks, personal trainer and health writer. Following a strict diet and fitness regimen could make things worse for some people. Here are some ways to prevent binge eating while creating a healthier relationship with food!
- Follow flexible nutrition guidelines. Try eating whole foods and in smaller portions. Avoid stuffing yourself and just eat enough to satisfy your hunger instead. In addition, try slowing down when you eat. Your brain and stomach takes about 20 minutes to realize it’s full. Also, don’t forget to have a cheat day! There’s nothing wrong with enjoying a not-so-healthy treat occasionally.
- Find other ways to cope. It’s easy to pick up a bag of potato chips and start eating away when you’re feeling down. Instead, try going for a jog, meditating, or calling a friend. These are much better ways to handle your emotions.
- Do a pantry makeover. If your kitchen is filled with junk food, chances are you will easily fall back into unhealthy eating habits. Get rid of the chips and cookies and replace them will healthier foods!
- Seek help. Don’t be afraid to reach out to a qualified professional. They might be able to provide the additional help you need.
- Try supplements. Garcinia cambogia is a fruit widely known for its fat burning and appetite control qualities. This fruit combined with an all natural ultra-premium formula has been proven to burn fat faster and more efficiently while reducing your appetite naturally.