Looking for a keto friendly chicken nuggets or chicken tenders? Get ready for this Keto Chicken Tenders! Going keto doesn’t mean you have to give up all the guilty snacks you enjoyed before! These Chicken tenders are ‘breaded’ in pork panko – a ﬂour, gluten and carb free alternative made from pork rinds. Find them on Amazon or from specialty gourmet grocers.
3,875 kj = 926.15 calorie
4 Boneless Chicken Thighs
½ Cup Almond Flour
2 Cups Pork Panko
1 T Paprika
½ Cup Coconut Oil for frying
¼ Cup Mayo
1 T Diced Red Onion
1 T Mustard
Optional: Cayenne Pepper
1. Take boneless chicken thigh cutlets and cut in half lengthways.
2. Marinade overnight in pickle brine overnight or make your own using the recipe below.
3. Mix Almond ﬂour and 2 teaspoons of salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
4. Dip each tender in almond ﬂour mix, then beaten egg and then pork panko.
5. In a high sided frying pan, heat coconut oil to approximately 325 degrees.
6. Drop breaded tenders into the coconut oil and fry until golden, about 5 minutes each side.
7. Place on paper towels. Coat in a little Cayenne pepper if spicy chicken is preferred.
8. In a small bowl, mix mayo, diced pickle, diced red onion and mustard.
9. Serve on the side.
WHAT is pork Panko?
Hi Gail! Pork Panko are pork rinds that have been ground into a fine dust that resembles panko breadcrumbs.